NSSBE Inaugural Conference
The National Society of Steel Band Educators held its inaugural professional conference on Saturday, March 10, 2018 on the campus of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
The conference featured selected presentations by leading experts in the steel band idiom. Photos and supplemental materials will be available soon. Below are the titles of the sessions. Here is the NSSBE Welcome Address by Dr. Chris Tanner. A summary reflection on the conference, written by Tanner, is available here: NSSBE Conference 2018 article.
- Hands-On Trinidadian Engine Room Session, Dave Longfellow
- Touch and Sound: Practical Elements of Steel Pan Performance, Victor Provost
- Roundtable (Panelists: Patty Dee, Matt Dudack, Emily Lemmerman, and Ed LeBorgne)
- Integrating Brasilian Instruments Into the Engine Room, Dr. Jason Koontz
- Performance: Victor Provost with Miami University Steel Band and Special Guests