The books below address a wide variety of styles including those from the Caribbean islands and Cuba as well as those from Brazil. All of these styles are encountered in steel band; settings; however, you might start out with the Fanfant and Walker and add the others as you go.
- Afro-Caribbean Grooves for Drumset by Jean-Phillippe Fanfant
- Brazilian Coordination for Drumset by Maria Martinez
- Practical Applications: Afro-Caribbean Rhythms for the Drum Set by Chuck Silverman
- Afro-Cuban Percussion and Drumset by Ed Uribe
- Brazilian Percussion and Drumset by Ed Uribe
- World Jazz Drumming by Mark Walker